- This Privacy Notice provides guidance and information to Sticker Buzz(“Sticker Buzz”) customers regarding the processing of personal data by Sticker Buzz.
- Sticker Buzz ("us", "we" or "our") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Notice together with the Terms of Service, Cookie Notice, Data Policy and the documents referred to in them sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you or that you provide to us (“Data”) will be processed by us. Please read this Privacy Notice & Data Policy carefully to understand our treatment and use of Data.
- In this Privacy Notice, references to “you” means the person whose personal information we collect, use and process.
- We will use your personal data only for the purposes and in the manner set forth below, which describes the steps we take to ensure the processing of your personal data is in compliance with the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 and any subsequent data protection and privacy legislation (the “Acts”), European Union Law including the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) and any subsequent amendments (together the “Data Protection Legislation”).
- If you do not agree with or are not comfortable with any aspect of this Privacy Notice, your only remedy is to not become a customer of Sticker Buzz.
- We seek to maintain the privacy, accuracy, and confidentiality of personal information (including your personal data) that we collect and use concerning our customers.
2. Identity of the controller of personal information
Sticker Buzz, is a Service of New York Label & Box Corp. For the purposes of the Data Protection Legislation, the Data Controller is New York Label & Box Corp., a New York corporation registered in the United States. New York Label & Box Corp.'s registered office is at New York Label & Box Corp., 50 Oval Drive, Islandia, NY 11749.
3. Contact details of the privacy officer
The data protection officer appointed in respect of your entity (if applicable) can be provided – please see clause 13 for further contact information.
4. When does this privacy notice apply
This Privacy Notice applies to personal information that we collect, use and otherwise process about you in connection with your relationship with us as a customer or potential customer.
5. What personal information is collected and processed?
6. What do we use your personal information for?
7. International transfers
- Due to the global nature of Sticker Buzz, your personal data will be transferred to Sticker Buzz entities located in other countries, including outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). These other countries may either have different data protection laws than your country of residence or they may not have data protection laws. Steps will however be taken to put in place safeguards (including around security) to protect your personal data when it is in other countries.
- Your personal information may be transferred, stored and processed in one or more countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), including the United States of America.
- For transfers of your personal data to third parties outside of the EEA, we take additional steps in line with data protection laws. These include EU Commission approved forms of contract with the relevant recipients of your information, whether members of Sticker Buzz or otherwise.
- In addition, we take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected in accordance with the Acts and the GDPR.
8. Period for which the personal data will be stored, or if that is not possible, the criteria used to determine that period
- Your personal data will not be kept for longer than is necessary to fulfill the specific purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice, Data Policy, and Cookie Notice and to allow us to comply with our legal requirements, including, without limitation, any tax and commercial obligations.
The criteria we use to determine data retention periods includes the following:
Please note that, although reasonable efforts will be taken, it may not always be possible to completely remove or delete all of your personal information from our databases because of back-ups and other technical reasons. Where this is the case, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data is suppressed in order to render it unusable.
Retention in case of queries
We may retain your personal data for a reasonable period after you have enquired about Services, in case of follow up queries from you.
Retention in case of claims
We may retain your personal data for the period in which you might legally bring claims against us (this means we will retain it for at least 7 years) if and to the extent this is relevant.
Retention in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements
We will consider whether we need to retain your personal data after the period of retention in the case of queries or claims (above) because of a legal or regulatory requirement. Some or all of these criteria may be relevant to retention of your personal data collected from you in connection with our Services.
Retention permitted under applicable law
We will continue to retain personal data where necessary to provide our services to you and the retention of such personal data is necessary for the purposes of pursuing our legitimate interests or where it is necessary for public interest purposes.
9. Your rights
10. International transfers
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy you might have, you may have the right under data privacy laws in your country (where applicable) to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection supervisory authority in your country (i.e. the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner in Ireland) if you consider that we have infringed applicable data privacy laws when processing your personal data. This means the country where you are habitually resident, where you work or where the alleged infringement took place.
- We endeavour to use appropriate technical and physical security measures to protect your personal data which is transmitted, stored or otherwise processed by us, from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access. These measures include: storing personal data in a private database which is accessed via an internal control panel protected with the username, password and IP address of our authorized users; storing hashed information as opposed to passwords and using secure cloud storage for database backups. Our service providers are also selected carefully and required to use appropriate protective measures.
- As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure. The transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Data transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of Data is at your own risk. Once we receive your Data, we will use appropriate security measures to seek to prevent unauthorised access. We will continue to revise policies and implement additional security features as new technologies become available.
- In the event that there is an interception or unauthorised access to your personal data, we will not be liable or responsible for any resulting misuse of your personal information.
12. Updating the privacy notice
We may change the terms of this Privacy Notice from time to time. Any changes will be posted on this page.
13. Contact us
For further information or if you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 30 September 2019.